The site we chose for the Fletcher Wildlife Garden already included open fields, a mature woodlot, plenty of dense thickets, and a ravine with a creek running through it. With a few modifications, we were able to create the habitats listed at the left.
In addition, we have incorporated many of the features of the larger habitats into a backyard garden size area next to the building that houses our Interpretation Centre.
The following articles by Christine Hanrahan have appeared in the OFNC newsletter, Trail & Landscape. As well as acting as reports to OFNC members on progress at the garden, they also contain a wealth of information on the wildlife using the garden and many of the volunteers who make the FWG possible.
- 2007: Winter, Spring, Summer
- 2006: Spring, Summer, Fall
- 2005: Spring, Summer, Fall to winter
- 2004: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall into winter
- 2003: Early spring, Spring and summer